how you ever done this while bf ?

have you ever passed a gas w/o wanting to do so ?

burped by mistake ?

or gotten sleepy while bf you baby ?

i know some of you may think is disgusting , but is just a way of our bodies answers to some actions !

also , is nature , and is not like we want to do things like that at that specifc momnt , but sometimes we can control our bodies !

i get realllllly sleepy while bf , idk y ! lol

thanks !

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in General Parenting

• Well I fart and burp all the time and do it intentionally. Its a natural thing, and shouldnt have to be excused. And sometimes I would get sleepy BFing.
    Anonymous

• 90% of the time that my daughter poops, it's when she is eating (breastfed) so I don't think a little fart or burp is going to bother her much.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:23 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Im not that gassy so I guess every now and then it slips out but not usually. I do ge sleepy when I nurse sometimes. Something about oxytocin levels...? Ive taken to just singing to him while I nurse now to keep myself awake.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:25 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I've never noticed gassiness specifically while nursing. But it used to make me tired in the beginning.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:35 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• actually, breasting feeding releases a natural sedative, which is why you feel sleepy and why you might fart or burp without meaning too. it relaxes your body so much.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 9:47 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I don't remember being gaseous while breastfeeding. I do remember being verrrrry sleepy and yes, I went to sleep breastfeeding and woke up with the baby's feet, pushing against my body, keeping me from rolling over on him/her. LOL
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• it is so common to fall sleep with bf-ing... it releases hormones that do it, dont feel bad, just make sure you prop the baby so you cant drop him/her...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2009