what did u do different the month u got prego?

bxmommy2be

Asked by bxmommy2be at 9:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• My oldest son was 12 years old when I'd gotten pregnant. During those years, I didn't use birth control. What I did different, according to friends and doctors, was change the way I was eating. I stopped drinking and began eating more nutritiously. I then got pregnant with my second son. After his birth, I didn't wait the full six weeks before my next checkup and got pregnant again with my third child, a daughter. LOL

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:55 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I didn't really do anything "different"

With my 1st, we had been trying for 2 years, so she was planned but I was surprised that it did happen - I don't recall doing anything different that I hadn't been doing for 2 years

With my 2nd, again we planned him and it only took a couple of months. Again, nothing different. I started folic acid prior to getting pg with number 1 and I con't it up thru #2's conception and birth

With #3 - she was a surprise - completely. Again nothing different. I mean I wasn't TRYING to get pg so I was just going about my daily life. Thankfully I live a pretty "clean" lifestyle - meaning I don't drink or smoke.

So IDK what to tell you. Good luck though
    ratchetlee

Answer by ratchetlee at 10:02 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• nothing. i mean i have drinks occasionally, i did stop doing that though, that's about it. just remember you're not eating for 2.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:07 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• Obviously I wasn't as careful with my birth control.
    Anonymous

• Doggy style and taking vitex. (got pg first month)
    Anonymous

• LOL stopped trying! We had stopped trying and started using condoms again... Well guess it didnt matter cause I found out I was pregnant!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Honestly......i stop trying.well in my case i wasn't trying but yet got pregnant.when i was trying it didn't happen.
    iwanabemomie

Answer by iwanabemomie at 3:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• start taking prenatal vitamins as soon as you decide you want to start trying to get prengnant (vitamins increase fertility). If you have regular periods count the day you start your period as day one. Once you reach day 14 start having sex or you could have sex on day 13 also bc those are your most fertile days you are usually fertile for about 24 hours, but sperm can live inside of you for up to 3 days so if you are both young and healthy you would probably be fine to have sex everyday for a few days right around when you start ovulating. I also bought some ovulation tests and just test your urine every morning when you get out of bed.
    Anonymous

• I joined the gym and started working out 5-6 days per week. I also let myself live life as if we weren't TTC, including drinking energy drinks and having mixed drinks. Personally, I think it was getting the blood flowing through exercise that really helped.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 5:36 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Stay in bed after sex with your hips elevated for about 15 mins when you know you are fertile. And I know this sounds weird but I stopped taking baths around ovulation time too....just showers of course :)

Use OPK's, chart your temps and watch for fertile cues (cervical mucus and position). Hope for the best!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 10, 2009