Placenta brains or Mommy brains

When I was pregnant and for a few months after My head seemed in a fog. I forgot everything, and when i tried to remember something I knew that i knew I couldn't. I would lose my train of thought mid sentence and not be able to regain it. I decided to check it out, and this is what i came up with (copy/paste from about.com):

One of the theories includes brain shrinkage. Saying that the brain shrinks 3-5% during pregnancy, which takes approximately six months after birth to return to normal. Or the theory that the problems are driven by hormones during pregnancy. While others believe that it is just a period of time where the mother-to-be is reflecting inward and the introspection and problem solving of the future is what causes the mental fuzziness.

http://pregnancy.about.com/cs/symptoms/a/placentabrains.htm

What do you think? Anybody else experience anything like this?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 10:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am experiencing this now, but I have had my kids already so I guess I have mommy brain, fur real! I am very forgetful now and I need to write everything down. The other month, I picked up my friend in my car and we went to our kid's school for an evening math meeting. When it was time to go, I told my friend, the one who I picked up, "Hey I will see you later." She said.."Uh, wait." I said "I gotta get the kids..bye!" She said...."You cant leave me, I rode with you." lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:16 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I do; definitely!! It gets so irritating at times. One day I left to go to the grocery store and totally forgot to go there and came straight home; an hour later I was watching law and order and was like, "hey I was suppose to go to the store!" Anyways, I'm always forgetting what i'm trying to say and just everything in general. I'm 33 wks btw.
    Anonymous

• Yes, pregnancy brain is normal!!!! I've had it with all my pregnancies. I don't like to think my brain is shrinking, and let not tell our hubbies that, haha. But yeah, forgetfulness and all that= pregnancy brain.
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:43 PM on Dec. 8, 2009