How can i get help for Christmas?

hi, My husband got laid off work an his unemployment hasnt kicked in he wont get much when it does, Ive got 3 boys ages 6, 4 & 2 i was wondering if anyone knows how i can get help for Christmas,. And help would be helpfull i really dont want them to go with out couse there dad got laid off, please help with any info Thanks and God Bless

gage_eli

Asked by gage_eli at 11:34 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Holidays

• Food bank for food and goodwill has some great toys for really, really cheap. You could also give plasma....crazy but you can.
    Anonymous

• Your local Salvation Army does Thanksgiving and Christmas baskets(but it might be too late!?), call and ask. Try your local food pantries because they might have a program that families adopt other familied to help ot durring holiday seasons. You could also call lifeline to see if they could direct you in the right area. I don't know where you live but I'm in N.Y. and these are the services I know of to help out. Good luck, and I'm sorry you guys are going through this in the worst possible time of year!!! Keep supporting your dh and keep hope that better das are yet to come!!!! I hope you get your Christmas wish, and that you can give your darlings a decent Christmas(even if its less than they're used to!).
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 11:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• toysfortots.org

they will help you out a little...give it a try :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• This may be a good time to get back to what Christmas is: a celebration of the birth of Jesus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• www.wishoponahero.com
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 8:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• toys for tots and salvation army haas deaadlines that have passed
    You can look in to your local catholic charities and other churchs. for some help. There are also ALOT of groups right here on cafemom that are full of women wanting too help out other moms on here.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2009