could it be labor?

iv been cramping for a few days not it last a couple hours then i usually pass out from being tired and it wakes me up. im not sure if i should go in or not cuz they are not consistant, they have been getting stronger but not consistant.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The night I had the boys my contractions were all over the place. My 3rd pregnancy and I wasn't sure if I was in labor. I had the cramping, the back pain, but the contractions were so light compared to my daughter, whom I thought I was just going to die in labor with lol. Anyway, they were 6 apart, 10 apart, 5 apart, 8 apart, etc that started on July 4th. On the 7th around noon I went to my mom's. I didn't feel well and I wanted to sleep and she said she'd watch my daughter. I took a hot batch and then I slept from 2:30p until 9p. The contractions were still all weird so I called the dr she said she would check me but she didn't think so. Sure enough 4 centimeters and counting. I had to be transported to another hospital, my twins were 5 weeks early. It was 45 minutes away and by the time we got there I was between 7 1/2 and 8 ... They were born baby A 5:13am and baby B 5:15am on the 8th.....................
    DesJordan

Answer by DesJordan at 8:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Im having that exact issue as well and had to go to the hospital since I thought my water broke.. it didnt though and I was told it is only your body getting you prepared for labor. If your really worried I would suggest you call a doctor or hospital for advice.
    Good luck with the baby sweet heart!
    Emo_mommy

Answer by Emo_mommy at 11:53 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• It will get consistant if it is true labor. Don't listen to the when it gets unbearable crap though. That really depends on your pain tolerance. I kept waiting to be in unbearable pain and when I finally decided to see what was going on with me, I still wasn't convinced I was in labor, I was dilated to a 6. Hang in there! Good Luck!
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Ive been having this too. Im 37 weeks. I was told they have to be 3-5 minutes apart for atleast an hour before I should go in.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 12:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• sounds like early labor. i wouldn't go in until they are consistent because that can go on for days. i WOULD mention the fainting to my midwife/doctor. :) gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2009