CNA ??

I am interested in becoming a cna. I know what type of duties come with the job, but is it really that bad? Almost every person I've told about my plans has told me this is one of the worst jobs I could get. So, I figured I'd ask you ladies! I know every job has its ups and downs, but is it really that bad??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Money & Work

• It depends on what type of facility you work at.
    I did Hospice with long term residents.
    Bed pans, sponge baths, meal time feedings, helping them dress & groom.
    The worst part for me was getting attached to my residents and having to watch them pass away.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 11:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2009

• I agree with the previous poster. Also the nurses usually will sit and chat and let you do the tough stuff, lifting, cleaning, moving patients. The pay is total crap and it is emotionally draining.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 12:01 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Wow, I must say, those weren't the answers I was expecting! LOL! That's ok, though. Thank you for your help! Maybe I do have some re-thinking to do :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2009