Decieved

Who are the decieved that the bible speaks of? I don't know what verse but I think it's in revelations.

I'm no Angel

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:42 PM on Dec. 8, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• By the deceived, the bible means those that were falsely lead into believing in things not truly inspired by God or God's word.
    ladyd6280

Answer by ladyd6280 at 12:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If it's in revelations it could be referring to the people that are decieved into following the anti Christ. If you find the verse let me know and I can look into it more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• So there will be christians who go to hell even though they love God and thought they were following his will?

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You have to give the context,if at all possible. Go to biblegateway.com, click on key word search type in decieved and select New Testament. If you can't find the verse try several versions of the Bible. I say this because without knowing what exactly is said we can only give opinions, and not very good ones. It's like trying to take a test on something you've never seen before, or trying to figure out a foreign language. I do want to help but I want to give accurate information.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 2:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• There are many that talk of individuals or groups as having been deceived. But the Bible makes it clear that it needn't have happened if these ones hadn't already been/become proud, haughty, independent spirited or presumptious (Proverbs 16:18; Jeremiah 49:16; Malachi 1:4; Obadiah 1:3......). That's why we are given such admonishments as these:
    "Keep your senses, be watchful. Your adversary, the Devil, walks about like a roaring lion, seeking to devour [someone]. But take your stand against him, solid in the faith" - 1Peter 5:8,9
    "Put on the complete suit of armor from God that you may be able to stand firm against the machinations of the Devil; because we have a wrestling, not against blood and flesh, but against the governments, against the authorities, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the wicked spirit forces in the heavenly places......." - Ephesians 6:11,12 (& down to v.17)

JES xxx
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 4:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• 'So there will be christians who go to hell'. NO. Firstly, there is no 'hell' as in a place of real eternal torment with fire. Yet there is permanent death from which one won't be ressurected by God does not send his faithful people there!
    'even though they love God'. "For this is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments..."(1John 5:3) If we are not keeping his commandments God is no longer loved by us.
    'and thought they were following his will?' John 17:3 "This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ." (also Ephesians 4:13; Philippians 1:9; 1 Timothy 6:20; 2 Peter 3:18) Finding out what the Bible really teaches is vital.

JES xxx

CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 4:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• The commandments of God are not kept though. Everyone lies, most at least once a day. Also I have been confused on the fourth commandment now. The christians arent' celebrating the right day? They read the bible a certain way so...I don't know I am just so confused.

I'm no Angel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Who are the decieved that the bible speaks of? I don't know what verse but I think it's in revelations.
    -----------
    The deceived are those who aren't completely surrendered to Christ and who don't love truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12

"and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness."
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• The commandments of God are not kept though. Everyone lies, most at least once a day.
    ------------
    But then there is provision for the believer who falls! (Romans 8:1; 1 John 1:9)

Also I have been confused on the fourth commandment now. The christians arent' celebrating the right day? They read the bible a certain way so...I don't know I am just so confused.
    ----------------
    The Sabbath of the Bible is Saturday. Nowhere in the Bible does Sabbath ever = Sunday (first day of the week). Pray and study for yourself. Study the history, study what God says in the Bible. Ask God to convict you of what is true and He will!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i before e except after c
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2009