Someone pleaaase help! My 6month old baby won't eat anything at all and she will only drink her bottle while she is asleep even then she only drinks as much as they recommend a newborn too drink! I've taken her too the doctors more times then I can count and they all tell me she is healthy and happy but I still worry, has anyone elses baby done this? What do I do!

She was born very small (just under 4pound) but now she's almost 12 pound, and im sure that she should be drinking more even if doctors say she's fine! She cries when I put food or the bottle anywhere near her while she is awake which might be because when she was a newborn we first had too squirt expressed breastmilk into her mouth because it was so tiny lol

CobieLee

Asked by CobieLee at 12:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe she needs the milk to flow faster? I'm not sure...try a faster flow nipple (medium).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Was she premature? If so, how early was she when she was born? If she is a preemie, she isn't "technically" six months. For a preemie, go by her adjusted age(the due date to now) and that is how doctors will determine her milestones and eating habits. Babies that were born early tend to be a little slower so don't sweat it. If your baby's doctor has not shown any concern and she acts healthy, she's eating as desired. After all, 12 lbs isn't that big. She's probably just eating according to her size and adjusted age.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Hard at it is, you have to believe the doc. He would never intentionally allow a baby to come to any harm. As long as she is happy and gaining weight there is no need to worry yourself. A nd remember her gestational age is different form her actual age since she was premature. She may need more time to get to the milestones like eating.

I have 17 month old twins and they were premies. Hy son was a TERRIBLE eater. He had to be tube fed for a few weeks. So I know what you're going through.. This too shall pass!
    sgtdemanda

Answer by sgtdemanda at 12:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Thankks soo much =)
    and she was born at 39weeks but they said her body had stopped forming at 33weeks, and she had my extremely long ambilical cord wrapped around her neck 9times so her heart stopped during labour because she was actually being choked witth every contraction, soo her throat was a little sore when they cut her out, I always thought that's why she wouldn't drink properly, but anyways im not sure if she is technically "premie" since she was fullterm but her body wasn't.
    CobieLee

Answer by CobieLee at 4:27 PM on Dec. 15, 2009