i'm trying to buy a relieable car for my family and only have $900, can anyone help??

i'm homeless and trying to relocate cause winter is coming and i cant afford it anymore. i did save a little money and got public housing in downstate il, but now have no way to get there and need a car very babdly. i have to be there by next friday or i lose the housing and my family will be in a shelter or worst the streets. so if u know anyone selling or if u have a descent car and r willing to help a family in need please do. thanks so much for all replys and advice.

tamieka18

Asked by tamieka18 at 12:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I wish you lived in KC because I will be trying to sell the car I have shorty. I'm so sorry you are in this position. I really hope all goes well for you. I'm sorry I don't have much to say that will help.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• wow, im sry to hear this, why dont you go to a used car dealership, and tell them your situation they might give you a good car for cheap. hope all goes well
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Have you looked on Craigslist? I am not trying to put a damper on this, but besides the money for the car, you will need around $250 for registration and license plates, plus insurance and gas.

Good luck to you and your family.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I know that some agencies have programs where people can donate working cars to people. Check with some of the local churches or DSS to see if there's a program in your area.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 9:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Check with Good Will. They have a cheap car program! We got our car for $600 over 2 years ago off of Craigslist! Just keep looking! They are out there!

rkoloms- WHERE THE HELL DO YOU LIVE?? I have NEVER paid more than $50 for registration and plates! That's crazy! Gas could be a bit high, but I'm sure you'll figure it out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2009