How do I make him understand?

I like to buy lots of gifts, because I like to watch my family open them. I start before the christmas season even starts! It's the only way to afford all the gifts and to avoid the rush haha. It's just something about seeing their faces light up. Im 37 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I can only imagine when he is old enough to open and get excited about xmas! My Dh always says he feels bad cause I buy him stuff I know he will love and when he asks me what I want its usually nothing. I dont want anything but to see them happy and excited. So I'll buy him a sword and he will buy me face wash and it makes him feel bad.. Like he isnt giving me the same kind of special gift. How do I show him that just seeing him happy is all I need and I love the face wash or whatever it is that he gets me? I tell him but he still doesnt get it???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Its really hard. I've been trying to convince my husband of the same thing. I go all out on everyone else and beg him not to get me a thing, but he does. So when you figure it out let me know cause I could use the help as well..
    sleepless2009

Answer by sleepless2009 at 12:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Maybe you could point out all of the other things he gives you or does for you, and really make him feel appreciated. But if he truly feels bad, why doesnt' he just give you more?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 12:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Perhaps you should just humor him and let him indulge in a gift for you, like you do for him. Trust me it will make him feel so wonderful!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Honestly:? He never will understand it. So indulge him here.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2009