Tell me your induction stories please....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was induced with my 3rd and it was wonderful! I have two older boys, the oldest with special needs and it was such a blessing that I could plan and have adequate childcare for them, versus having to drop them off at the last minute with whomever. I didn't have a cervadil, just a pitocin drip and it didn't hurt any more than my previous two "regular" deliveries. I did have an epidural, but that was my choice, I did with my 2nd as well. They started the drip at 6 and she was born just after 11. I would be induced again in a second!

Answer by missanc at 8:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I was induced twice. My first time was with my second daughter. I was induced and it hurt really bad the contractions were closer together and stronger. They gave me a walking epidural so I could move my legs and felt everything. I had a three hour labor with her she was 10 pounds 5 ounces and 21 1/2 inches long! I was induced with my third daughter. The contractions were closer together and were stronger. I had an epidural but it was to late. I felt everything. It was painful. I was in labor for two hours. She was 10 pounds 6 ounces and 21 1/4 long.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 1:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• With my first son I had a doctors appt on my due date, Jan 11th. She told me that i had preeclampsia so they wanted to induce me the next morning. I had to be at the hospital at 5 am!! that sucked big time! As soon as i hit the bed they started a IV with just regular fluid no medicine yet. The nurses hooked me up to the mechines that monitor the babies heart rate and the contractions then she checked my cervix. She told me that i did not need to be induced as I was already inearly labor. 7:30 am rolls around and my OB comes to see me, and the nurses were having trouble keeping my sons heart rate because he was doing flip flops still. Then when we finally go thim calmed down shenoticed his heart rate was in the low 90's. For a baby to be able to go through labor they need to have a high heart rate so that when they are in the birth canal and mom is pushing their heart rate will slow down to the 80's.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• With his being in the 90's we werent going to take a chance, so I had an emergency c-section. BUT when I was on the table I was so scared to get the spinal..... let me tell you that was the BEST i felt in 9 LONG months! lol
    Amanda7891

• I was also induced twice. With my oldest, it was an awful experience. I don't know if it was because of the induction or just because he was such a large baby or if it was a combination of the two. Would have been the worst day of my life if I didn't get something so wonderful to come out of it!! Pushed for over 2 hours, had to get a big cut, and he was a vacuum delivery. I was sore for 4 whole months!! With my second, my daugher, it was a completely different experience. No problems, she came out with one push! She was also over a pound less than my son and was my second child so I think that made it better! I felt fine within a week of having her.
    tangyh

Answer by tangyh at 1:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• With my oldest daughter it was HELL! I swore I would not ever do it again... then we waited and waited with my second daughter and my water had been broken for a while so my doctor really pushed the need for induction. I did it but I was so afraid it would be like the first time that I was a wreck... but other than still pushing for a couple of hours (with epidural!!!) it was fine.
    But boy, that first one was horrible. I was passing out between contractions! The second time my nurse suggested I do the epidural as soon as I felt the contractions get 'stronger' verses waiting until I could almost not stand them... MAJOR HELP!
    movin_mommy

Answer by movin_mommy at 2:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I was induced almost 17 yrs ago with my ds. We were stationed on a very small island in the Aleutian islands. I was well past my due date. There were problems with my induction - my body wasn't responding the way they hoped, they had to also break my water, his heart rate dropped, then when they stopped the drip they were using to induce me to stabilize him, my heart rate dropped. In the end, I ended up having an emergency C-section.

But, like I said, this will be 17 yrs ago next month, and we were in a really remote location with limited medical resources, so...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I was induced with my daughter. I went in at 7 am and was told I was already 6 cm so things should go smoothly. They only used a cervadil and left me to walk or bounce on the balls or whatever. By noon the doc came and broke my water. I think I was 8 cm by then if not 9, don't remember. I didn't actually feel the contractions that the monitor was picking up though until after they broke my water and within an hour or so it was really intense so despite my hopes to avoid it, I got the epidural. I was holding my daughter by four and thought things went wonderfully! I'm hoping to be induced again with this pregnancy as I am terrified to go into labor naturally as I live quite a long ways from town and the hospital!
    RoniV

Answer by RoniV at 11:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2009