cat and dog humping...

I have 2 cats and a little yorkie dog... my male dog keeps humping the male cat and then the male cat humps my female...who is really old and she is about 27 pounds! ... I mean it is sooo funny ...but I was wondering if that is normal ???

the dog and fatcat are fixed but the "middle" male cat isnt.

glamomomo

Asked by glamomomo at 1:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it is normal, my male dog would hump my female dog, and she got sick of it and turned around and started doing it to him, it was quite funny too, cause he did not like it at all. Though I have never seen a cat hump a dog or vice versa.
    tree1997

Answer by tree1997 at 1:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Thats normal. My mother in laws cat would hump a pillow. My sister in laws dog humps pillows too and her cat has humped other male cats lmao.
    youngmom2004

Answer by youngmom2004 at 1:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My dog is spayed and had never humped before until my neighbors got a new dog. Now our dog humps our cat sometimes. I HATE it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My non-neutered male Papillon used to try to hump my neutered male cat, but my cat would have nothing to do with it....lol.
    I think it's normal....animals just being animals, I guess.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Isnt that a domination thing? My dogs will help anything they can wrap their legs around and theyre both fixed.
    From your heading, I was looking forward to some kippies! ( You know, kitten-puppies?)
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 1:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• MIL's female dogs mount each other and hump... it's pretty funny to watch, and they "69"
    I don't know if it's normal but it sure is entertaining
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 1:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My female dog will hump my male cat. They're both 'fixed'... lol idk whats going through their heads
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 1:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• It is an act of domination that is why fixed animals do that.We recently got a new dog when our 15 yr old lab died and our older dog went to town on the new dog.For the past 9 years our older dog was humped on by the older lab.Now it's his turn to  dominate I guess.They are all fixed and only the newest is female.It could be a hobby.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 3:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• That's really funny.

http://c4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/108/m_6ff5f5056fa548ff96981ec1f0070a17.jpg

I was walking out to feed the kittens and looked over and that's what I saw.

This is a pic of our landlord's pregnant dog humping the wild/stray male cat that hangs around our house.
    Mitch_Gray37

Answer by Mitch_Gray37 at 12:53 AM on Dec. 11, 2009