Aquarium LOVERS..Need some ideas to add drama in an aquarium.?

A long time ago someone gave my room mate a large aquarium. It was probably 80 gallons. It had one oscar, some different fish, and some other chiclids in it. They were really fun because they would set up territories, they would make friends, and enemies... They would have wars. It was way cooler than watching t.v. I was just wondering if anyone could suggest a dramatic combination of freshwater fish for between a 65 to 80 gallon tank. I loved that aquarium!!!

zweedledee

Asked by zweedledee at 1:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• ur oscars haven't killed all of them off?! i have oscars and thats the only fish that i can have besides when we feed them. anywho, i say add an air machine, and houses, i know what u mean by fish being fun to watch

_mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 1:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We had a couple Oscars that grew to be really big and then started fighting with each other. One ended up killing the other.:-(
    I am assuming that's not the type of drama you're aiming for.

I like the albino cory catfish that liven up the bottom, colorful tetras that school and the suckermouth catfish that hang on the side. We have also had good luck with African frogs, and large gold mystery snails. Angelfish are graceful and fun to watch. Don't get the glass catfish, they always die. And yes, an air stone and some type of moving accessory adds interest too, along with plants.

Who needs television when you have an aquarium?
    diospira

Answer by diospira at 1:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I dont know about fish but it sounds like you need to buy a pirate ship for your aquarium! lol Cute story about your fish.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• When I was a teen, we had a little shark in our aquarium.. very awesome!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 8:26 PM on Dec. 11, 2009