is this right?

i got written up today at work. my whole right up was about my boyfriend because he called(i dont really want to get into the whole story about what happened) but my whole write up was that he cant come in the store or call the store. and then they said it was against company policy to give me a copy of my write up. are they allowed to do that? its my personal file so shouldn't i be allowed to have a copy of anything in it?

lmaines22

Asked by lmaines22 at 1:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Yes you are entitled to a copy of the write up.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You are legally entitled to a copy of EVERYTHING in your employee folder. If your employer won't cooperate, contact your state's department of labor.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• it's obvious that your boyfriend was a distraction that affected your job performance and/or productivity. if you don't understand basic professional conduct while working, then be prepared to get in the unemployment line, as there are THOUSANDS of people who are capable of separating their professional and personal lives!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2009