Does this sound like sleep apnea to you?

I am kind of worried about DF. At night when he first falls asleep he starts to snore really loud then after a few mins. he starts to make a squeaky noise then he will stop breathing for .... about 10 seconds and then gasp really hard and grunt for a minute then he goes quiet and after about an hour of snoring really loud the cycle starts again - squeak, stop breathing, gasp, grunt, quiet, snore.......

He is really hard to get up in the morning and really cranky. I heard that is a sign that someone has apnea because they aren't getting enough quality sleep so they always feel tired and grunpy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• See if he'll get a sleep study done, sleep apnea could also appear to be other health issues too, like heart problems when there's really nothing wrong with the heart!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• It sounds like my spouse before his sleep apnea was diagnosed. He needs to see his health care provider and have a sleep study done. Sleep apnea can be deadly if left untreated.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:16 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Yep, sounds like sleep apnea to me. I was just diagnosed with it a few weeks ago. I stop breathing 51 times an hour. Definitely have him get a sleep study done!
    acollins09

Answer by acollins09 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2009