Moms who had premature babies..

What were your pre-term labor symptoms?

I am only 25 weeks. Currently waiting for on-call doctor to call me back so don't judge me for asking on Cafemom.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Stomach cramps and I had slight contractions but you could feel them in my stomach, it hardened up.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 5:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• my son was born at 34 weeks and 6 days... i didnt go into labor .. i was in going to die from hellp syndrome. it is high blood pressure and other bad things (white blood cell count dropping/ liver enzymes rising) so i had an emergency c section. he was only 4 lbs and 3 oz.. spend 3 weeks in the nicu gaining weight.... he is a perfectly healthy 4 yr old now, this year alone he was exposed to h1n1 and croup and didnt get either (you have to love neighbors who have sick kids and let them come out to play) 25 weeks is really really early and if you are in labor they will most likely stop it with meds, put you on hospital bed rest. make you stay pregs as long as they can.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 7:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I too had preeclampsia/HELLP Syndrome, so I didn't actually go into preterm labor. The symptom that sent me to the ER was excruciating upper back pain. I was told that I'd be in the hospital until I delivered. I was at risk for stroke, seizures, or death. They did an emergency c-section at 26 weeks, four days after I was admitted. My daughter spent 87 days in the NICU. She's now a happy, healthy preschooler who will turn four at the end of this month.

Good luck to you.
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 9:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2009