HELP????? Quick!!

I am sitting for a friend....both of us being military families. The child has a fever....and I cant get a hold of the parents. Well...frankly...one just doesnt care. Will I be able to take the child to the doctor..or will I have to wait til I get in touch with them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You should call end check with the hospital. I think in most cases only a parent can take them. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• end, derrrr.........and, lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If it's an emergancy you can take him of course, but most kids don't generally need to be rushed to the doctor for a fever. Unless it's over 105 or so...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• A sick person has a weakened immune system. If this is just a run-of-the-mill virus, there is no reason to take the child to a germy doctor's office and risk exposure to secondary infections.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Have you tried tylenol, emergenct contacts?
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 8:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If a child is choking, can't breathe or is bleeding, then take them to the ER or call an ambulance, otherwise let it wait a couple of hours till the parent(s) came home and have them take care of it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• No you should be able to take the child in and the hospital can contact his command
    jgal29

Answer by jgal29 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2009