What is a cute way to tell my boyfriend is is going to be a father?

I just took a pregnancy test and it came out positive. I was living with my boyfriend for a couple months and recently moved back with my parents (he's helping out a friend financially.)
I was wondering if they make cards for expecting fathers and if so, sending him one and maybe a cigar?

Anyone have some suggestions?

alinker

Asked by alinker at 3:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• buy a bib that says i love daddy or something like that, then wrap it up like a gift
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You could get him a really obnoxious, hideous tie, and maybe some soap on a rope, something like that, and give it to him all wrapped up. Then, insist that he open it in front of you, then tell him that since these are the sorts of presents that kids supposedly give to their Dad's, he better start getting used to getting them... :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• lol i like the cigar idea. just get him a really nice cigar and then tie a blue and pink ribbon around it or something and leave it were he can find it. then put a little note from your telling him the suprise.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 4:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Put it on M & M's. You know, the ones you can personalize.
    fox252000

Answer by fox252000 at 4:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• First, is he expecting this baby? Is having a baby a choice that the two of you made together?

Answer by rkoloms at 5:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Call him and when he answers just simply say "HI DADDY!" when he answers. That's what I did... And he said "Um... tell me you're joking." I said ok well do you want me to say I'm joking or tell the truth? .... Long story short he and my brother drank alot of beer that night! (roomies) Then at my first sonogram... He went with me and noticed the two heads before the doctor. He fainted... I laughed so I didn't cry....... GOOD LUCK!! :D :D :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Haha! Take a box of Newborn diapers to his house and say Hey! Can I store these here for the next 8-9months or so?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You could prepare a dinner for him featuring "baby" foods~ baby back ribs, baby corn, baby carrots, that kind of thing. I told my DH I was pregnant that way, and he loved it! Congratulations and good luck,Sweetie!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 7:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I told my DH by making up a cute poem, the first letter in every word were in capital letters and it spelled out : DAD TO BE.. I had it in an envelope with a pen and on nice paper and there was space at the bottom for him to write the "code word".. The first sentence read something like : you are my Darling, Adorable, Dashing .... He said that when he got to D A, he read the rest by looking at the capital letters but he froze and he thought it was a really creative way to tell him!
    lyn_sa

Answer by lyn_sa at 8:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Oh and congratulations!!!!!!
    lyn_sa

Answer by lyn_sa at 8:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2009