What is considered a fever....

for a 3 year old? I know it is higher for infants....but I'm not sure about a 3 year old??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Over 100.4 F
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 4:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• High fever is 102, anything under that is a low grade fever. This is what my doctor just told me last time I took my almost 3 year old into the doctors for a nasty cold.
    Ashers_Mom2007

Answer by Ashers_Mom2007 at 5:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My doctor says medicate in a 3 year old anything over 103 and 4 year old and up anything over 104. That is the guideline we follow. If the fever does not come down with meds then call or take them to the ER. He believes and so do I that fever is the bodies way of dealing with the bad things and to leave it well enough alone as long as possible.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• The advice our pediatrician gave us is to treat the fever if it's bothering the child. It doesn't matter what the actual numbers are but more of the impact. Thus, if your child is lethargic, cranky, won't sleep, etc., treat the fever regardless of the numbers. If it isn't bothering the child, you don't need to do anything.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 10:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i give her medecine is if over 101. i wont take her to the doc if uts 103-104 or if she has had a fever form more than 3 days.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 12:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2009