Vaccination schedule starting at 18 mos or 2 years?

My DD is 18 mos old and thusfar, vaccination free. I would prefer for her to stay that way, honestly. But I promised DH when she was born, that I would selectively vax if we could just wait til she was a little older....Well he just mentioned to me yesterday that he wants them started soon as she is almost 2. Soo....I was wondering if anyone knows of a vaccination schedule that starts at 18 mos or 2 years? Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• well my dd had her last vaccine @ 15months and they told me we wouldnt be due back until she was 2
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 3:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We started at age 1. Once you decide which vaccines you will give your baby, work out a schedule with her health care provider.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Her schedule can be whatever you want it to be. Research each vax/disease and figure out which ones you want her to have. Personally, I would tell dh to provide me with research showing how vaccines are safe and why she should get them. None of them are effective. Pertussis only has a 70% effective rate...is that worth it to you? Also, you should check with your local school district, because the schools typically do not require as many as the CDC does, so you could always go off of that one. For instance, more vaccines are usually needed for prek than kindergarten.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• OP HERE: Anon: I think I'm going to talk to him about this a little more. I honestly dont feel that any (or at least not many) of the vaccines are "worth it". If it were 100% up to me, she would stay unvaxed. She is happy and healthy and I dont want to mess with that. So, yes. I think this warrants further discussion. Thanks!
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2009