Not Sleeping

I dont sleep and cant fall asleep and if i do its hard for me to stay asleep. Any ideas?

JazzyTysMomma

Asked by JazzyTysMomma at 4:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Health

• No caffeine after noon
    Regular exercise, just not at night
    Cut back on, or eliminate meat and dairy, at least for a while (or eat only organic)
    Try valerian root. Unlike Melatonin, it is not a hormone. It is an herb that will help you fall asleep. The plant that it is made from is Hops (like in beer)

Answer by rkoloms at 5:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Reducing your caffeine and sugar intake is always a help. But failing that get hold of some valerian - tea or tablets. Fabulous. Nature's valium :0)
    CosyMama

Answer by CosyMama at 6:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Drink a glass of wine before you go to bed.
    alejandra559

Answer by alejandra559 at 6:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Have you outruled any medical reasons? You may be depressed. Sleep, especially deep sleep is essential to your body's overall health. I have problems going to sleep and staying asleep. My doctor prescribed sleeping pills and they're wonderful. Don't make me fall asleep, but when I do, I sleep soundly.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Sleep I don't get if I have to take 2 Percocets. Then its usually 2 days before I get a couple of hours snoozing. The damn pills wire up. I'm like a bat. But, I only take the damn things only until I can't take the pain anymore. And, it's hard to excercise when your is pain. Sleep wise other than that, well about 2-3 hours per day, max.

kwhit190211

Answer by kwhit190211 at 10:14 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I would be very very careful with valerian in the form of a pill. It has some crazy side effects, and the pill has much higher rates of dependence.

Also, do you practice good sleep hygiene?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• were i you, i'd treat myself alike you might your baby already. planned activities for the next day so as not to think a. them at all, light meal, warm bath, lotion t. helps to fall and stay asleep, read to bed something to exercise your brain and make you feel tired, fresh air (walk in the evening before all that or opened window few minutes before entering the room after your bath), no coffe or the like, drink warm milk, if that's not enough ... take a cat and tune to his vibe. occassionally drink v. strong alcoholic beverage but v. little, and most important - have set time to go (&GO) to bed and wake up the same time always.
    Anonymous