What are you getting your 9 mo/10 mo old for Christmas?

There are so many toys out there and money is tight this year so I am looking for ideas. Her Nanna already got her a HUGE Mickey Mouse from Sam's Club, she loves Mickey. I'm just looking for other good ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We usually have gotten books for our kids. This year we are doing nothing for the new baby since it doesn't matter to him. On the other 3 we spent $5. Bath toys are always fun at that age and inexpensive!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Board books, things the baby can stack.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If money is tight, why get her anything at all? We live on a tight budget and while we decorate and make things festive at Christmas time, we never buy gifts for our kids when they're under the age of 2. They are too young to know the difference and their grandparents always get them something any way.

I guess it depends on how tight your budget is, but if your family is strapped for cash there is no shame in using your money for necessities and not buying your baby a Christmas gift. 10 months old is too young to care.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Money is tight for us as well, so honestly, we're not really getting her much. I got a brand new outfit from a friend whose daughter never wore it, so I wrapped that up as a present. I also got some hand-me-down toys from some friends, and I wrapped those up as well. My daughter won't know the difference. Plus, her grandparents are all going to spoil her so much anyway.
    Also, she will be having a birthday 5 weeks after Christmas, so we have to save some money for presents then.
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 10:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• clothes and 3 toys
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 11:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I got 2 books, 2 inexpensive toys, and a new sleeper blanket for my baby and he'll be almost 10 months at Christmas. His grandparents and great aunts/uncles (first baby in the family in 24 years!) will all go hog-wild so I didn't see a reason to get him much. If money was REALLY tight and not just a littlle tight I would've gone with a cheap book, a cheap toy, and he'll need the new sleeper-blanket so that too. The reason I wouldn't get him --nothing-- is because you want pictures of baby with their Christmas presents at the first Christmas under your tree. If you're really really broke, get baby a necessity and wrap it up. lol Like a new or new-used outfit or two in the next size up. ;) No shame in penny pinching with a kid that's not even going to know!
    JamesAndMe

Answer by JamesAndMe at 12:50 PM on Dec. 9, 2009