Pregnant again 4 months after a c-section...???

I have a 4 year old little girl, which I had natural. Just this past July I gave birth to two little boys by c-section. I was told you should wait at least a year to get pregnant again after a scection. WELL... We've been using condoms, I'm on birth control and SURPRISE! They boys just turned 5 months old yesterday, the 8th. I'm so afraid of what will happen to the scar on the inside as it stretches... Anyone else ever have a similar situation? The plan was 3 years from when the boys were born, not 3-4 months!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you will just have to have another csection
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Well what I mean is, they said you should wait a year... Is my internal scar going to tear open while the baby is growing? I don't know how safe it is and I know even if it were going to kill me by having this baby I could never get an abortion... I just want to know if anyone else got pregnant just a few months after a c-section and had a healthy baby and they obviously lived through it........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You'll be fine. I had 3 c-sections in just over 2 years. My older 3 kids were born in June 2000, October 2001 and November 2002. All c-sections and all were fine. I never had any problems with any of the pregnancies except the 2nd one. My son was over 9lbs at birth and I retained a lot of water so I got HUGE. My abdominal muscles ended up separating right down the middle. Felt like a zipper coming undone and hurt like hell for a few minutes. Other then that I was fine. I got pregnant with my 3rd when #2 was 4 months old and had the most uneventful pregnancy and c-section. They are 13 months apart.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 8:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• There could be SOME chance of risks. You will just have to let your dr know asap if you havent already and just take it easy. Congrats tho !!!
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My mom had my brother on december 7 via c section. And got pregnant with me that following February had me November by c section we r 11 months apart She was fine so Was i
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i would go to ICAN's (international c-section awareness network) website and see what kind of info you can get there. gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2009