Please share your favorite egg caserole recipe

I need to bring an egg casserole to a brunch on Friday, I've never made one before so I would like to have a tried and true recipe.

lovemydivas

Asked by lovemydivas at 7:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you can always make a large bowl of egg salad and then add one small bag of the fresh frozen baby sweet peas, sometimes I add a bit of diced red onion and bit of splenda and it is wonderful. I think anyway.
    or this casserole that i just love
    2 large cooked chicken breasts cubed 2 c. chopped celery 5 boiled eggs chopped
    1 can cream soup any variety except cheese 3/4 c real mayo pimentos to taste-optional
    salt and pepper to taste onion powder-optional
    mix all these ingredients together and spread in casserole dish.
    cover with 1 can of chowmein noodles and 1 c. shredded cheese.

refrigerate at least 3 hours and bake uncovered at 350 for about 40 minutes.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I'm not sure what you mean by an 'egg casserole.' I have several great quiche recipes though. Some are specifically 'breakfast" some more brunch and i have one that is savory. Let me know.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Here is a easy one and my family loves it and easy to make variations.Grease a 13x9 glass pan ;saute in a bit of evoo or butter 1/2 cup of chopped onions and 1/2 cup of green bell peppers or whatever color you like; cook 6 strips of bacon crisp or 1/2 pkg breakfast sausage drain and crumble into large bowl ;add 8-10 eggs into the bowl and 2 cups of cheddar cheese or combo of Swiss also.1/2 tspoon salt and pepper add cayenne or Tabasco if you like it spicy.Mix. Line pan with half Eng muffins and pour egg mix in pan.Refrigerate at least 6 hours or over night.Cook 30 to 45 minutes at 350.It is great you can use your favorite breakfast meat,what ever cheese you like and a bit more or less and if you love onions or bell peppers add more.It is yummy.I take it to a brunch we have for our teachers every year and it disappears.Oh ya you can cook grits and sub for the English muffins and it does not sit in frig cook immediately

drfink

Answer by drfink at 11:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Peppers and Egg Casserole
    Ingredients:
    3 green bell peppers
    3 red bell peppers
    3/4 lb. medium sharp cheddar cheese, grated
    3/4 lb. Monterey Jack cheese, grated
    9 eggs
    1 pint Ricotta or cottage cheese
    1 pint sour cream
    1 tsp. seasoning salt
    1/2 tsp white pepper
    1 pint fresh salsa

Instructions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Wash, seed, and slice the peppers into 1/4 inch thin pieces. Grease one 10 1/2" x 14 3/4" x 2 1/3" casserole pan. Layer pepper slices with the two grated cheeses until all are used. Process cottage cheese in food processor until smooth. Add seasonings and sour cream and blend 5 seconds more. Add eggs and process until well-blended. Pour over pepper and cheese mixture. Bake for 1 hour until puffed and golden and set in the middle. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve salsa in a separate dish.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• 2lbs of shredded hashbrowns in greased 9x13 casserole. Cook/heat favorite breakfast meat, drain, chop into bite-size peices, sprinkle over hashbrowns. Whisk 12 eggs in bowl with salt, pepper, and about a cup of milk. Pour over hashbrowns. Top with cheese - shredded, sliced, whatever - my family's favorite is shredded colby-jack. You can also add peppers, onions, etc, when you add the meat, and you can also leave the meat out if you like. You could put the cheese on before the egg, and you can leave it cheeseless. But this is the only way my 6yo will eat eggs - she has no clue it's what she's eating.

Anyway, cover with foil, bake at 350 (no higher) for 1-2 hours (depending if your hashbrowns are thawed first or not - I start with them frozen and I like to make sure the eggs are cooked hard). Uncover and bake a few minutes if you want the top browned.
    Anonymous

• I need to amend my recipe I cook this on the convection setting on my oven.I like the browning ,on a regular setting it would take 45 to 60 minutes.Sorry, I get used to the convection setting.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 1:59 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Choose a flavor quiche is super easy You can use regular flour in place of the rice flour. Same measurements.

http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/2009/11/06/gluten-free-quiche/

The crust is so easy-- no rolling out dough!

You can also use a store bought pie shell. Less yummy.

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:41 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I make this all the time and it's cheap and easy to fix.  A Hearty Potato and Egg Meal Good at Any Time of Day 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Dec. 10, 2009