worried about a 5mnth old baby

my son is almost 5 mnths old and for a couple of weeks now he keeps sticking out his tounge and making a wierd noise his never done this before should i be concern ? or is this normal im a first time mum so this is all new to me any help would be great.. does your baby do that or used to ?

devilscandy69

Asked by devilscandy69 at 5:30 AM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be he's teething my daughter used to do some clicking noise with her tongue but it's normal.
    iri24

Answer by iri24 at 6:20 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Sounds normal to me. My kids came up with all kinds of funny noises and expressions and different ages. As long as it doesn't seem as if they are having problems breathing it should be fine.
    gwebkeijmmm

Answer by gwebkeijmmm at 6:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• how cute, could be he just found out he can play with his tongue.
    HOTMOMMY2

Answer by HOTMOMMY2 at 7:34 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• my son is 4months and hes teething his 2 bottom front teeth their almost through and he sticks his tounge out and claps it but he rubs it along the teeth coming through as he sticks it out he makes noises too...so yours might be teething...get the baby orajel ready lol
    ShYmAmA08

Answer by ShYmAmA08 at 7:40 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Oh it's perfectly normal. He's discovered his tongue and a noise he can make. That's all. He'll make all sorts of noises! It's a precursor to babbling. It starts with strange noises. Then they start making actual sounds. Then they start blending sounds. Then they start talking. It's a process.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 7:59 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• thats normal ... every child loves doing that when htey find out how to make noise and realize they have a tounge.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 8:14 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• This is normal. Before a child can speak comes the discovery that they can make all sorts of sounds. They will experiment with these sounds constantly until they eventually learn how to turn these sounds into speech.
    Eliza34

Answer by Eliza34 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• You mean like making "rapsberries"? Where they are pretty much spitting? My son is doing that now. It is a phase all babies go through.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 11:06 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• just realized there's a toy in his mouth, so he wants to play with it..

wait untill he finds the one in his diaper....
    newmommyy322

Answer by newmommyy322 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• my son is almost 3 mo's and he does the same exact thing. I think he just realized he found his tongue and all the crazy noises he can make.lol..Noises 3 month old I have ever heard to! =)
    USMCwife22

Answer by USMCwife22 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008