Be honest, do you donate and give your time to volunteering the rest of the year as well?

I have only seen people looking for charitable ideas since after Thanksgiving. Before that I never saw any posts about helping others or donating anything. Why? Why cant people do it the whole year?
We do, I go visit Special Ed classes and help them do projects, I donate food year round, I help out food pantries by volunteering at them, I do soup kitchens, and then during the Holidays I help out at the church dinners for the homeless. My husband also donates money out of every check to the Alzheimer foundation. We also help to raise money for St. Jude Children’s Hospital and donate from his check every month with that as well.
What do you do? Do you still help people even when the holidays are over?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do volunteer work all year round with American Red Cross. my church and 12 step groups, especially during the holidays. I actually made a journal post about it. Thank you for asking this question and donating so generously from you pocket and especially your time.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:43 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My family donates when we have extra money to do so, we bless others throughout the year as well. When we are able to, haven't had time to help in a soup kitchen in a long time, have two young children, and don't always have a babysitter.
    3rdDay

Answer by 3rdDay at 8:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i always give all of our clothes that we outgrow or just dont want anymore to the advocates for children center..they take in a lot of teens usually that can wear just about the same kind of things..i also give purses, shoes, etc...i do it all through the year
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Many people do this. Just because it isn't advertised doesn't mean no one gives or helps out the rest of the year.
    You sound like you think no one does anything for anyone until Christmas. How dumb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Its not dumb. People only ask for ideas to donate and what to do when Christmas comes around. I also never have known anyone to give their time when it isnt the Holiday season. SO no its not dumb to ask. Most people dotn do ANYTHING til the holiday season
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I help people 365 days a year, I don't have to tell people what I do, it would only me make me look like I am trying to pat myself in the back and this is not the reason I do it! I am sure there are a lot of people who do the same and feel the same way.

Answer by older at 9:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i dont do anything extra for the holidays... i do the march of dime every year, that is in the spring. i work with under privledged kids so i do charity work for them all year long. i also support CAP (christian applalation project) all year long. i adopt pets. i see nothing wrong with the season of giving when most people who dont do it year around contribute a little, something is always better than nothing!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2009