If abortions are legal (and they are) why should they not be covered in our health care?

Phase3

Asked by Phase3 at 8:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because ALOT of ELECTED procedures are not. An abortion is not medically needed in just about all cases so it is an Elected procedure. You dont get a boob job on insurence
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I guess because it would make it all too easy for it to end up as a form of birth control to some women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:46 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I agree with the first two posters. Elective procedures aren't covered unless they are deemed medically necessary.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Mrs.O: Good point althought I don't think I would compare the repercussions of an unwanted child (and its effects on the world and that child) to a boob job.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 8:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• It was the only thing I could think of off hand that was elective. LOL Its almost 6 am and thanks to my 7 month old I have had 2 hours of sleep LOL. Now that the sun is starting to come up I cant sleep LOL. I have to get breakfast going soon LOL.
    So off hand it was all I could think of. LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• The only time I think it should be covered is in the case of a rape.
    melibear5715

Answer by melibear5715 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Read the Hyde Amendment. If an abortions goes beyond the definition of the Hyde Amendment, ~tax dollars cannot be used to fund.  If tax dollars have to be used to fund the new health care bill~ any abortions not covered per the Hyde Amendment should not be allowed.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I agree with the first two.
    starmoonlight

Answer by starmoonlight at 9:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• LOL, I just asked that question Grlygrlz. I am sorry if anyone thinks that it is you that asked.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Vaccines are elective. Are those covered?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2009