If you baby had a head full of hair..

Did they have a little bald patch on the back of there head from always sleeping on the back? My nurse made it seem like my baby was spending too much time on her back. But that's what they recommend you to do while they are asleep, when she's awake she is either being held or on her tummy. I feel horrible now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't feel horrible my ds slept on his side and now sleeps on his back but when he learned how to roll over to his back he developed a bald spot. Now he spends most of his time on his tummy or sitting up. He doesn't have it any longer. I didn't even put him on his back and he got it. The recommnedation is to have your baby sleep on her back. your doing that so don't worry about what the nurse said.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• don't worry bout the nurse. my dd has a reverse baldie!!! her head has a friar tuck ring that goes all the way around from her rubbing her head in her swing. the top of her head has beautiful long curls & she's got a duck tail. its just the friction & it will grow back in when he starts to spend more time sitting up on his own.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• This happens to most babies not all, baby hair falls out and new one comes in, don't feel horrible it is not your fault, it is just something that happens.

Answer by older at 9:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• it just happens. no biggie, I don't see any adults walking around with bald backs of their heads from this in babyhood. but i do see some middle aged men with bald spots on top of their heads, i wonder how they sleep? :)
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• all of mine had tons of hair and then ended up with the bald patch - more from rubbing their head back and forth than on the back for too long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• It didnt happen to my daughter from sleeping on her back.It happened because she would rub her head back and forth in her carseat or swing . It happens alot apparently LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• All three of mine have had that bald spot. I just assumed they all got that from rubbing their head and being on their backs. It is normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• THANKS EVERYONE! I WILL NO LONGER BE WORRIED ABOUT WHAT THE NURSE HAD SAID!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2009