all heathen religions

do you have a church or building you gather in to worship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• O.K. you all are getting a bit sensitive. Unfortunately the lables we use don't fit well, in most contexts. For example, the term Fundamentalist Christian- in its simplest form means Christians who hold to the fundamental values of the Bible, but we all know it takes on a whole different meaning in popular use. The term colored people mentioned above was inteneded to be a less negative word for non-whites. I suppose that would make me a colorless person? They are not the best but we have to use them. So don't read into them. I think the OP is simply asking about those who practice non-traditional religions. I don't see an obvious slam. So stop reading into it.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• what is a heathen religion exactly?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I don't "worship" anything but my family's sanctuary is our home.  That is where we find our peace, comfort, support and love.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• heaâ‹…then  /ˈhiðən/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [hee-thuhn] Show IPA noun, plural -thens, -then, adjective
    –noun 1. an unconverted individual of a people that do not acknowledge the God of the Bible; a person who is neither a Jew, Christian, nor Muslim; pagan.
    2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.
    –adjective 3. of or pertaining to heathens; pagan.
    4. irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized.
    Synonyms:
    3. heathenish, barbarous. Heathen, pagan are both applied to peoples who are not Christian, Jewish, or Muslim. Heathen is often distinctively applied to unenlightened or barbaric idolaters, esp. to primitive or ancient tribes: heathen rites, idols. Pagan, though applied to any of the peoples not worshiping according to the three religions mentioned above, is most frequently used in speaking of the ancient Greeks and Romans: a pagan poem; a pagan civilization. 4. philistine; savage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• this is not a nice thing to ask....and if you ment well you worded it wrong...what religion are you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• The Norse (Asatru (sp?)) believers actually call themselves Heathens....it is Christians who turned it into a mean thing to call someone.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Asatru tend to consider themselves as Heathens... However, this term is NOT proper for many other Pagan religions! And isn't welcomed by most (or at least most that I know of!)

Now, in answer to your question. I am a Solitary Pagan. I do my rituals and celebrations alone, so there is no one to "gather" with. However, my pagan friends do get together for a luncheon or picnic on the Sabbats. We tend to do lunch and then take some time to just hike or walk through nature. It's not our rituals or "celebrations" per say, but it's our way of getting together and making that day special as a group.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• How antagonistic.
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 10:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• "uncultured, or uncivilized"?? "barbaric idolaters" ?? Wow, that's a bit harsh...
    Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 10:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My church is my home. I dont need more than that to have a spiritual connection to the Divine or nature or my family.etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2009