If some tax payers are fundamentally against abortion, why do you feel you should be able to make them pay for them in health care?

Why is this such a hard thing to understand for some? The pro-life group is fundamentally against abortion. Why would you just assume that because it's legal to abort a baby that they would jump on board and be okay with tax dollars going to perform procedures that they are fundamentally against?

(oh, and I am pro-choice, but I would never expect other's to pay for a medical procedure that they don't agree with)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the difference with abortion is that for many people their faith teaches that abortion is wrong. It is wrong to ask these people to fund something that goes against the fabric of their faith.

How about if we ask the Islamic population if they would like their tax dollars to pay for sex change operations? Homosexuality is against their faith. I wouldn't want them to have to fund this.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You are obviously not like many people because they think tax payers money should pay for their abortions just so they don't have to. Not only do they think it should be legal up to the the day before birth they think they should not have to bear the burden of paying for it. I don't think they really care who pays it.
    I think people should pay out of their pockets for abortions. It could make a few people think twice about doing it. Having insurance for it just seems wrong, makes it seem like they think it is just another procedure. It is not just like having a mole removed or going for a physical. Should not be paid for by insurance in any way but especially with my tax dollars.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:10 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

•  I agree with the Hyde Amendment.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• People tax dollars go to MANY things that most of them do not agree with.
    So it would be no different.

(Not that I want that to happen, I'm pro-life, but this is life y'all,our tax dollars go to the people who DON'T need them.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Why do i have to pay money towards welfare when i dont agree with that either?
    Anonymous

• OP- Good call! I am very pro-life, and would be livid if my tax dollars went to support abortions.

If someone is so irresponsible to get pregnant and want to terminate that life, why should I have to pay for it? Why should they get they get to shirk the responsibility of their decision?
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:21 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I think if you want an abortion it is an elective surgery. Plain and simple. It isnt something that you have to have or die. That being said if we are going to have to pay for elective surgeries when does it stop? Can I get someone to pay for plastic surgery too? I am pro life but I can also see beyond it to see this is a slippery slope that not only forces someone else to pay for something they dont believe in and feel is a sin, but also opens us up to have to pay for other elective surgeries in the future. And before you say some of them are life and death situations, well that is different to me. If the mother and child would both die then I do think a woman should have the right to save her life. But if it is merely because she had a one night stand, or hooked up with a moron and doesnt want his baby then no, she can have the baby and give it up for adoptionand learn from it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• There is no impact on taxpayers if someone decided to get an abortion. If a private insurance company covers it, it is included in the plan,,,you pay nothing extra. Just like a mans viagra pills...

Ask the republicans The RNC's insurance covered abortion since 1990, they only took it OFF because the public found out..It cost them NO EXTRA

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Because those do not care they just think you must 'spread the wealth' for their elective abortions..in otherwords for others irresponsibility.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I doubt that we will have to pay for anyone else's abortion. I know I wouldn't want to.
    It is going to be okay. Don't worry about it.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 9:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2009