Am I the only one that wait until after Christmas to buy more gifts?

When something is as popular as Elmo or Zhu Zhu Pets, everyone is sold out. Or you have people selling them for outrageous prices. I wait until after Christmas and get them. It works out great also because the kids birthdays are within months after Christmas and they can get them then. Even if their birthdays weren't so close to Christmas, I still would wait. But then tell them that its a "just because you were on your best behavior" gift. Does anyone else wait or do you go ahead and pay the higher prices?

Danni143

Asked by Danni143 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• After Christmas shopping is so much fun. Im addicted to all the sales lol last year i got a pre-lit christmas tree that was origionally $200 for only $30 :) very exciting. Me and my hubby usually wait til after to shop for each other. Its deffinitly worth the wait
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 11:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Depends on what it is, my dd's only 7 mo so she hasn't figured out dates yet but if dh wants the latest video game... I am planning on waiting until after xmas this year to buy a bunch of toys for dd, figure I'll get enough for events thru out the year & next xmas, also for nephew & 3 nieces. I try to buy ahead of time & save tons.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 9:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I wait for awhile and buy wrapping paper, tape, cards, etc to stock up for next year. Last summer, I bought my cards I am using now..the whole box was $30 bucks, marked down to $2! I write 80 a year, so that is a great savings! I just wish stamps were on sale..LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I generally shop all year round for sales. Typically after any holiday is the best time to shop for great bargains.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 9:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I usually do my shopping around October, to beat the rush. But my sons birthday is January 14th, so ya I go birthday present shopping after christmas to take advantage of all the after christmas sales that are going on.
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I do that too Anon. I stock up on the labels, paper, anything I can use for the next holiday. Sometimes we get the Hallmark ornaments that way too. Mark downs and clearance have become my new best friend. I do the same for clothing sometimes.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I buy "christmas wants" from Sept to Nov and then use the after christmas sales for the "needs" like clothes and shoes for Spring or for all the stuff for next christmas (wrapping paper,bows, storage boxes)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Dec. 9, 2009