How often should I brush my 11 month old's teeth?

2 bottom teeth, thats it.
Once a day, twice a day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Twice a day, just like big people

Answer by rkoloms at 11:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I don't know that it really matters, not supposed to use toothpaste yet anyway, but after a year old, they should be brushed without toothpaste twice a day, at least that's what the doctor told me about my daughters teeth. And six months after the first tooth should be the first dental appointment.
    Pocketmouse

Answer by Pocketmouse at 9:49 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My baby just has 2 bottom teeth as well, and we just brush hers once a day, before bed. I do it mostly just to get her in the habit of brushing her teeth. .... although, we should probably do it twice a day to make it a better habit
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 10:17 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Our dentist told us to brush our baby's teeth twice a day to make a healthy habit as they get older. Also there are still sugars in breast milk or formula that can affect the baby teeth. We use the toothpaste made specifically for babies/toddlers (without fluoride), and our little guy (who is 8 months old with 5 teeth) LOVES brushing his teeth. I will usually brush his teeth first and then put him in the Bumbo seat, so he can "brush" his teeth while I brush my own teeth. Our dentist also recommends that as the child gets older to either get them an electronic toothbrush (the kids ones with characters on them or whatnot) or one that plays music, so they get used to noise associated with brushing. He says this makes their trips to the dentist much easier because all of their tools make noise and tend to frighten children.
    JewelsE

Answer by JewelsE at 12:15 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• 2x a day with the baby toothbrush and the thomas or little bear toothpaste (the safe to swallow tooth paste)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We brush twice a day with no-flouride toothpaste and DD loves it! she holds the toothbrush, we say "ahhh" when we brush our tongues, and rinses her toothbrush under the faucet.. I brush when she brushes.. it's great way to make your LO feel like a big kid :) it really helps with baby tooth decay and all that jazz!
    LishaBee

Answer by LishaBee at 1:56 PM on Dec. 9, 2009