How do I lose weight?

Background: April I had a baby. Couldn't lose 15lbs, but went home and gained 5 more. October I exercised about every other day. I didn't lose any weight. November I was depressed and ate everything I wanted and didn't exercise, gained three pounds. Here is December, and I've decided to exercise everday to see if I lose weight, and I've done so. I took measurements at the beginning to see if I'm losing inches if not weight. I weighed myself today and I've gained two pounds, and a half an inch in my thighs and hips!
Seriously, I'm about to just start starving myself if this baby weight doesn't come off, so if anyone has some advice please tell me. BTW, I'm breastfeeding still.
Weight right before baby was born: 204
Weight a month and a half later: 175
Weight after going home: 180
Weight this morning 182
UGH! Please Help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Hi, don't be too worried about the scale because your weight fluctuates thru out the day. Cardio is important 30-45 min atleast 4 times a week try for more. You also need to do weights. Weights are crucial for women, muscle burns fat,, it revs up your metabolism. If u only do cardio you will burn the fat but u will also burn off muscle. Start eating every 2-3 hrs, very healthy, it keeps your sugar level and waiting longer makes your sugar drop, u crave bad food and end up eating more. Do you a free profile set up on Beach Body? You get FREE coaching to help you figure out your needs. Just take a look, you may love it! http://tinyurl.com/ykzyytq
    exoticwillow

Answer by exoticwillow at 3:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• When I was breastfeeding I had a hard time losing weight, usually my body would hang onto 10 pounds or so until I was finished. I know everyone is different but that's how it was for me.

Anyway, I've lost 31 pounds since March through diet and exercise. I cut my calories to 1500 per day and kept a journal to keep track of what I was eating. I began exercising for about an hour 5 days per week and eventually started running 20-25 miles per week.

Here is a calculator I use to keep track of how many calories I should be eating:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    kelbel619

Answer by kelbel619 at 10:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• What you need to do is forget the scale...just stop looking at it. Start focusing on what you put in your body, and make sure the type of excersies you do are targeting the areas you want (enlist the help of a good workout mag. like Fitness or Shape of Oxygen which is my fav) and make sure you are doing at least 45 min of cardio 4-5 times a week so you are burning off calories. And always keep in mind that if you are building muscle it will weigh more that is why I think staying away from the scale for a while will be beneficial to you mentally. After about 3 or 4 weeks then you can check it out again. But just be focused on geting healthy and in shape and not reducing the number on the scale as much. Also, dont lift too heavy of a weight, to tone and burn you need to do more reps less weight. I hope this helps some. Feel free to message me with any questions.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 10:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• To get to and maintain a healthy weight, and set a great example for your kids, you need a healthy lifestyle.
    I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Keep up with your exercising.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Check out: Daily Nutritional Tips for suggestions,tips & recipes

Anonymous

• okay I tried all of the tracking what I eat and whatever and it wasnt for me honestly I stopped eating anything but fruit and veggies for about 2 weeks and when i went back to normal my tummy took less food to file and i lost about 20 ponds I cant do the whole keeping track of what you eat.. but after the two weeks I did cut all soda candy and junk foods. but 20 was in 6 weeks. it worked for me
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 1:41 AM on Dec. 10, 2009

• I've lost 22 lbs in 3 weeks w/ the Weigh Down Workshop. No counting calories, no exercise. It's a Bible-based and biological feedback program. I have over 200 lbs to lose, so 22 lbs wouldn't be easy for everyone to lose. The basic principal is eating withing hunger and fullness. And not drinking sugary pop etc between meals because it keeps your blood sugar elevated, hence your brain won't get the hunger signal making it hard to figure out if you're really hungry or not. They have a lot of resources on their website, and the books are super cheap online via ebay or amazon. Good Luck, message me with any questions!
    KTtalmo

Answer by KTtalmo at 5:48 AM on Dec. 15, 2009

• I am the co-owner of a wonderful group here on Cafemom. We emphasize healthy eating and exercise for weight loss. We are currently getting ready to start a new weight loss challenge on January 1st. Please feel free to join us... no drama, no bashing, tons of support!! We can help you find the perfect way for you to drop those unwanted pounds, safely and long term!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/weightforlife
    SWKansasmomma

Answer by SWKansasmomma at 5:39 PM on Dec. 27, 2009

• I wear a body magic to help me loose my weight. The Body Magic is designed to truly reshape your body. It allows you to redistribute some of your irregularities to a more desirable area. This redistribution becomes more permanent over time. Plus, it reduces your waist up to 3 sizes in minutes. If you need an instant tummy tuck, breast lift and buttock lift, this Garment will do it. The Ardyss Body Magic and Angel Bra will sensationalize your figure by lifting your bust, removing side rolls and flattening your stomach in only minutes. These revolutionary garments are available for purchase today and promise to deliver INSTANT results!
    If you are interested still in getting this garment give me a call at 212-844-9338 and ask for Aisha

blackqueen918

Answer by blackqueen918 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 2, 2010