Planning a trip... please help

Can you give me your best family trip destination and roughly what you spent on the trip. My husband and I have two children 13 and 11. Thanks

Rjmjpappy

Asked by Rjmjpappy at 9:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Travel

• Can't go wrong with going to an amusement park with kids that age. Would cost less than 50 a ticket, and then pay for the hotel. Then food would be the other expense, and that depends on where you eat.
    Pocketmouse

Answer by Pocketmouse at 9:54 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Thanks mouse.. maybe I should have explained better. We are looking for a 7- 14 day trip/vacation. We live in Massachusetts, lots to do here but want to go far away. lol
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 9:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• OMG!!! Take a cruise!!! You can go all over and the kids will LOVE it!!! My girls are now 14 and really close to 16. we have traveled a lot. They like cruising the best!! They can have a little time of there own and so do Mom ad Dad. They can eat icecream and Pizza anytime and it is very cost effective too! We are booked for 8 nights at easter to Caost Rica, Panama, and Belieze for about 550$ PP and the kids have their own room and that includes food and ship board entertainment! Of course the flight to Florida is going to kill us. If youare going this summer you can sail out of Baltimore.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 10:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I personally love road trips. I've been Whale watching in Maine, I've been to the ski hills of vermonth, the Mountains and Grand Canyon of Arizona, the beaches of Florida, and the hills of New York. (Among other places) Nothing is better then strapping your stuff in a car and taking off to a destination. Especially when you've got a camera in hand to help you capture every moment of the trip. I personally would do something that has multiple destination stops. Like travel over to YellowStone National Park, and stop at the nature reserves, museums and what-not along the way.

Another cool place to go is Chicago. The Field Museum, the Natural History Museum, The Shedd Aquarium, The Science and Industry Museum .. All of those places are a lot of fun and really cool to visit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Great ideas!! Thanks ladies!!
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 10:42 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I second the vote for Chicago! There is so much to do, and you can easily manage without a car.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Grand Cayman. Water is to die for and weather is incredible. Beach goes on for seven miles of sugar white sand. 3000
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:31 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We stick with camping trips over the summer. We are in NY and love going to the Adirondack's but we've also gone to Gettysburg and other places in PA.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 6:17 PM on Dec. 11, 2009