I just took a home test and...

I just took a home test on Sunday and it was positive but when I called my dr. I have to wait two more weeks for them to do blood work and confirm it. Anyway, yesterday and today when I went to the restroom and wipe I got blood, not so much that I need to use a pad but is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that is how my miscarriage started....or it could be implantation bleeding...i found out i lost my baby yesterday...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If you are around 4 weeks then YES it's normal. It's called implatation bleeding/spotting. Research it and you will find that it is probably just that. It's what it sounds like to me. CONGRATS!!!! You can always go to yourdays.com and type in your last period and it will tell you how far along you are!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:08 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• There is no reason you would have to wait for a blood test. That could be ordered over the phone and you just go to an outpatient lab and have your blood drawn. Then you go back in three days and have it done again. If your hcg (human chorionic gonadotropin) levels double then you know the pregnancy is doing ok. If it doesn't then you will miscarry.

You can have bleeding and not miscarry. Some women have bleeding every month around their normal period time and don't know they are pregnant. They wonder why they are gaining weight.

If your doctor refuses to order the blood hcg levels and if you have good insurance, go to an urgent care center or ER. Tell them you have had a positive pregnancy test and are bleeding. They will do the test.

Best wishes.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Sorry. I meant implantation bleeding. I had massive bleeding Sunday and went to the ER and he said that everything was fine. It lasted only 1 day so chances are that you and the baby are fine! Good luck!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I bled with both my pregnancies ... My first was in the 5th month and I was passing clots, but all was fine.

My 2nd pregnancy I bled quite often but very light, and she was fine also.

My miscarriage was in between the both, and I just knew something was wrong, I had very little blood, but the low dull back pains and the loss of pregnancy symptoms is what was telling me I was having a miscarriage. I was 12 weeks, but I had a bilited ovum.

As for your doctors saying that you need to wait on the blood test to confirm pregnancy, that's not right. With my miscarriage baby I had a blood test the day I went to the doctor's for it, and I was only 4 weeks into my pregnancy at that time... but my HcG levels were very low!

I'm sure everything is fine! Good luck to you!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Implantation bleeding occurs 6-12 days post ovulation. If it's more than 12 days then it's not implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding is vaginal discharge which usually contains a small amount of pinkish or brownish blood.
    Some home pregnancy tests can detect pregnancy at 9-10 days post ovulation.
    IF your test was positive on day 9, Sunday, then today, Wed., would be day 12 so it could be implantation bleeding.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• everyone is different i am on baby #3 and i bleed on and off the whole 1st trimester... i would call your dr just to let them know sometime they will get you in early so they can chck your levels also do you have neg. blood and is this your first ...... the reason why im asking this is b/c i have neg blood so anytime i bleed i have to get a rogam (sp) shot my dr said that when you have neg blood your 2nd and so on preg. need the shot early on b/c your body notices the preg as a forgin thing and trys to abort it hope this wasnt to confusing congrats if youhave anymore ? feel free to email me
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 10:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Thanks guys, this really helps! This is my first so I have no idea what to expect :) I am blood type O. I asked why I have to wait two week and was told that I am only four weeks and they want to wait until I'm six.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2009