gift for a man who likes to do picture stuff? scrapbooking for old men? ;) pioc

my grandpa has recently gotten really into going through his old pictures and scanning them onto the computer and making slide shows and stuff from when he and my grandma were young. it started because their 50th anniversary was in july :) anyway can anyone think of a good gift idea for a man who is not very good with computers or digital cameras at all but who likes to mess with pictures on computers. i think i am almost looking for a kind of scrapbooking thing only for an old man ??? lol. thanks for any ideas.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Shopping

• digital picture frame, the gift of time..maybe you could go sit and help him get a video slide show together complete with music and it would give you time to bond as well.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:11 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&N=0&gclid=CMXZ8I3VyZ4CFRAeDQodqmW3rw&A=endecaSearch&Ntt=35mm%20negative%20converter&Q=

If he doesn't have a very good scanner, or his scanner doesn't scan slides (which I figure he has), then a Digital converter would be perfect for him. Simple to use they say. I asked for one for Christmas, because I have a crapton of 35mm negatives that I would like to put onto my computer. I don't trust big clunky scanners, because they're soo unreliable.

There is also scrapbooking software, I believe, that you could get him. To help him do his slide shows and make a digital scrap book.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• If he has a lot of old pictures, he might also have a lot of old negatives. I bought my parents a negative scanner a few years ago and my mom loves it. Now, she has all the pictures of my sister and I from 20 some odd years ago on her computer. Best Buy has quite a bit of Dig Scrapbooking stuff, but you could also go online and get some stuff for him as well and have it all put together and ready for him to use. Good luck! I'm sure you will think of something brilliant for him.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 6:23 PM on Dec. 10, 2009