Help! I have fleas!

I have bites all over me! They leave my husband alone and dont bite him. Our DS is 7 months old they dont really mess with him much. We dont have the dog anymore but he must of left some fleas. I only have carpet in one bedroom. What are some ways to get rid of them. Also we are moving in about a month. Can they come with us? Anyone ever been thourgh this. Please help! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• Yes I have been through this, and yes they can come with you. However, they won't live for long without an animal host. Fleas don't live 'on' people the way they do on animals.
    How to get rid of them:
    1. bomb the place, or
    2. Fleabusters powder, which is what I use. Vacuum every soft surface, then use the powder on your whole carpet and all your furniture. Let it sit a few, then vacuum it up. Wait a couple of days and do it again. Toss out the vaccum bag each time.
    Also, fleas (most bugs, actually) dislike cedar. You can get cedar shavings at a pet store and make little bags of it to put around the house. It MAY drive them off, but most likely it will work as a repellant while you are getting rid of them.
    Good Luck!
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 10:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I haven't had this prob but here are a few ideas:
    1 you can get a home defence bug spray to spray your home. (carpet, baseboards, wash bedding)
    2 Avon sells a SkinSoSoft oil that is good to but a few drops in your bath and works great to keep them from bitting you
    3 when you pack up to move there is a bug fogger you can get to set off in the moving truck that with help kill them before you unpack at the new home.
    Good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Flea Busters is awesome! It also can go by the name RX For Fleas.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:32 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Get a flea bomb and set it off while your not home...
    monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2009