Idk what hubby wants and I'm really confused about what I should do....No bashing...

so I started working at walmart because dh wanted me to get a job but now all he does is bitch and moan about me working...He complains that the kids have to walk home in the snow and cold cuz I'm always working he complains that nothing ever gets done because I don't have the time to do it...basically he whines because when I come home yes I am tired yes I am grouchy..all I have ever asked is he let me relax for 1 hr. without asking me to do this and that he's all over me about what the kids did what they do and what not...it's like for hell sakes I'm a cashier at walmart all I hear all day long is kids screaming beeps from the register and whatnot just plain noise all day..but when I wasn't working he was bitching that i didn't work and he wanted me to work idk what he wants...does he want me to work or not?? it's like my hell you are a grown man and you can't handle your own kids while I work...He knew it would be like

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• cont.... from question above..if I worked he knew what it would require of me and at that time he didn't believe it would turn out like this but now that it has he wants me to stay home again...grrrr...it's frustrating...I'm just afraid he'll bitch again that I don't work and this whole bs cycle will start all over again!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• He's an ass!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I would have a frank discussion about the situation with him and see if you can get him to clarify what he wants. When there is less time with both parties working, chores just will not be the same as when you were SAHM. He has to understand that you are not Wonderwoman any more than he is Superman. : ) If the income is needed, he will need to come to grips with how he can help with the house work and the kids. I don't blame you a bit, sounds like a noisy job environment and one would want a bit of peace and quiet before delving in to the house, etc. I would think that most men would understand when all of the cards are laid out on the table, because isn't that a big complaint of many men....no time to unwind after a hard day at work, the kids are all over me, you want me to do chores, etc.? It's really no different for us either. Bottom line I would make sure that he knew, if we need the money - you need to get a grip
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Don't do what you think HE feels is right... stop that! Do what YOU feel is best for your family and your marriage.. and if he is still the way he is now it is obviously nothing YOU did.. it is him and him alone. so, dont worry about him. You can try to make your loved one happy, but if it fails, you are going to run yourself down in the hole by trying to live by his wants... take care of yourself and you family the way you feel is in the best health mentally and physically for all.
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 10:51 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have a lot of compassion for you. My mom just started a job at walmart, in the pharmacy and though shes not old, per se, shes not a spring chicken either. In her mid fifties. She is working 9 hour days, 4 days a week and its leaving her little time for anything else, plus very little energy. I can see how its affecting her so I can really understand. He said he wanted you to get a job and you did. He is going to have to deal with what else that brings. I would sit down with him and say, look, this is what is going on at work and this is why I am so tired. What do you want me to do? Do you want me to quit? Really talk and work on a compromise. He wants you to work, but he likely didnt realize that you couldnt do that and STILL be the same person and DO the same amt of work at home. Its like he wants the best of both worlds. It doesnt work that way. I would put the ball back in his court and say..you get this...or this.
    momofsaee4

Answer by momofsaee4 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• He should kiss your feet. You went back to work. Walmart is in its busiest days of the year there. He need to grow up and say wow my wife is alright.
    bella69147

Answer by bella69147 at 10:53 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• yeah, you dont like the job, he doesnt like you working, sounds like agreement to me, quit and if he wines, just tell him he told you to quit... some people wont be happy no matter what happens, do what makes you happy.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:19 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• he should have really be proud of you stepping up and taking a job, the stay at home moms at least get housework done as the working parents need to find time to do that, you cant do housework and work when you work hard like that. when i was in high school, i had to walk to and from school everyday and gets below 0 here in minnesota!

he should of saw some good before pointing out the bad. i really hate it when pple cant point out the good first then the bad points makes me think they have alot of hate in them.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2009