Do you have an Elf on the Shelf?

The little Elf watches the children and reports back to Santa. Every night he "magically" moves from one place to another. The kids are not allowed to touch it or it will lose it's magic. I love it!

mamaada

Asked by mamaada at 10:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Holidays

• I think I'm going to order one this year for next. I doubt it'll get here before Christmas. I meant to do it last year, but I forgot.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:32 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• They have them at Hallmark if you have one near you....pretty expensive for a little Elf though! $29.00
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:37 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My grandmother had a shelf in the dinning room with elves on it..all types fabric, ceramic, clay, ect. when she passed away all us girls got a couple of them..they now sit all year long on my book case watchin the kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Heehee I worked at Hallmark last Christmas and carried one in my apron :) It was fun to make a game out of it with the parents who told their kids, "You have to behave in the store or the elf in that lady's apron will tell Santa on you!"
    austin_amazon

Answer by austin_amazon at 10:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I only heard of this a couple of yrs ago but never got one because my kids were older by then. They would have LOVED this when they were younger! I just recently saw one in person for the first time at Borders Bookstore at our local mall. The elf IS adorable and the little book set that it came w/was cute too. I think I will keep my eye out to see if they go on sale after Christmas because it would make a nice gift for someone w/little kids next yr. I thought $29 was too high... but if my kids were smaller I bet I could have talked myself into it! LOL!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 11:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i think they're cute. when we go out i tell my kids that all of those santas are watching them to see if they're naughty. any kind of santa...... it's funny, but it makes them behave for the most part
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 9, 2009