Fiancee's boys (age 9 & 7) are coming for the weekend with strict orders not to be outside as they are sick. activity suggestions?

The 7yr old is autistic and wii and gingerbread decorating will only entertain em for so long.

carrye

Asked by carrye at 11:03 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Holidays

• puzzles, board games, make biscuit pizzas for dinner, make ornaments for the tree, dough ornaments or paper ornaments.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Go to the public library and get some children's videos and some books too. Have them do a project doing a collage for Christmas on a cardboard. Have magazines they can tear and glue pictures to.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Is there any board games that the 7 yr old can play? If so have a family game night. We do this every Saturday night and it entertains the kids for a couple of hours. How about making cookies with them, have a movie night (let them pick out the movies and have popcorn with it), or how about some crafts like making Christmas decorations. I know my 11 yr old still loves doing all this stuff and so does my 4 yr old. I hope this helps.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 11:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Go to a craft store (I love Michaels) and buy some holiday crafts. They have some at Michaels I got for $1-$2 each. I don't know any autistic children, but the ones I have heard about all seem to enjoy arts and crafts. I bought packs of three wooden Christmas ornaments that came with 4 markers in each pack for $1.99 a pack. They also had wooden puzzles that can be colored, wooden games, Ed puzzles, foam craft kits, etc. My boys both enjoy doing those and they are 10 and 12. My 10 year old loves the 3d puzzles but they are a bit of work!

Other than that, maybe you could buy some little prizes and have a scavenger hunt. Make a list of 10-15 things you have around the house that aren't "obvious" and have the kids go around the house and find them. The one who finds everything first wins the grand prize and the other gets a consolation prize (wouldn't want one child feeling left out lol).

Give them blankets, sheets, CONT
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:53 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• pillows, flashlights, and books. They can make a "fort" or "tent" and read in them.

Have them help you do some holiday baking. Even boys that age love to cook. Well, depending on how sick they are lol. Don't want someone contagious cooking food for others, but if its something non-contagious then that would work.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2009