What do u expect from ur home child care provider for your toddler (2yrs old)

new provider and expectation

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm not really sure what you are asking...

are you the parent or the provider?

are you talking about materials and food, or parent handbook, or discipline policies, or routine.... there are so many aspects to quality child care you need to narrow it down a bit
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I think your asking as a parent..

My sitter is great. She feeds them breakfast and lunch and snacks. She puts them all down for a nap at the same time. They go outside when the weather permits it. Diaper changing isn't an issue. The only complaint I really have is that she gives them fruit punch sometimes, but it's not all the time so I can't really complain too much.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I am a in home provider. I make sure I have an handbook. Sometime I ask parents to write down their questions before they come to make sure we cover their needs. I have a discipline policy and tell them how a typical goes and what I would do in case of an emergency. I have an open door policy and I offer state approved meals. I also pass out a paper that lets me know the childs dislikes and fears. I like to know favorite foods and special things they need to use in order to get them asleep. There are so many things to cover. I hand out a packet that usually covers everything. They need to be CPR and first aid certified. They need to also have ample space and a clean home. Hopefully this helped a little.
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 11:44 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I expect a schedule for eating & sleeping. I expect primarily healthy meals and snacks, though I'm not opposed to an ocassional cookie or treat. I expect a safe, loving/caring, and supervised environment. I expect to be notified about accidents my child is involved in - immediately if it is an emergency, and when I pick him up if it's not an emergency. I want to know what the policy is regarding sick kids, and also what to be prepared for in cases when the provider is ill. I want to know what type of discipline is used and I expect it to be consistently applied. I also want the provider to have organized activities as least part of the day. I will want to know about the providers experience with potty training and how helpful she will be with that. I'd also want to know how many children she cares for and how she manages to keep them all safe if the ages are mixed. I'd aslo want to know about other people in her home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I expect my child care provider (in her home) to provide my daughter with the same quality of care i would give her at home. I want her to be fed, napped and relativly clean, as in wiped face and hands. I expect her ot be treated liek her own child who is also there. This goes for diapline as well thoguh I do not expect her to ever spank my child. she knows we do not agree with that method for my children. I expect her home to relativley clean and free of debris on the carpet in the rooms she will be in like the living room or play room. I expect her to report anything of consaquence to me at the end of the day or by calling me at work.  I basically want her needs to be met in a loving home-like situation.  When she is 3 we will start looking for a 2 day a week school program for her to attend but right now I want her just to be a toddler and work on toddler things.  She has plenty of time to learn her ABC's. 

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Obviously fed, cleaned, changed. etc. But I also want my child to love it there. My kids love my daycare provider and she loves them. It is obvious in everything she does. I love picking them up with grass stains, popsicle stains and huge smiles on their faces.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:16 PM on Dec. 9, 2009