Is it ok that my 15 yr old step son looks at porn?

haleysmom127

Asked by haleysmom127 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Well no I dont' think it's ok, but curiostiy is very normal for his age, it's time for his dad to have a serious talk with him
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• no! IMO porn is fake. It only shows women who are skinny and pretty. That is NOT the real world. He looks at that and expects the women around him to look like that too. Porn is very degrading to women.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• He's a minor and you're having to ask a bunch of strangers on the inernet whether it's ok or not. So, what do you think?

I'm sure most 15 year old boys have seen a Play Boy or 2 and that's normal, but if he has regular access to porn that is not a good thing at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• is it ok no....is it normal yes...he is a growing boy transitioning into a man...that bring natural curiosity....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Anon ;20 Youre really porn stupid huh? They have all kinds of porn. Fat women skinny woman. ETC.. Porn is degrading to you. I like porn lol. Anyways its normal for a 15 yr old to look at porn. Just have to have a talk with him about sex. And if u dont want him to do it tell him. Block it from your computer
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• First of all, its ok because it means he is a NORMAL male...as long as its not obssessive. And second porn isnt degrading to women its supposed to be a fantasy and it just so happens that most men fantasize about SKINNY HOT women not ugly fat ones so why would someone make a sex tape about unattractive fat women and men...although it is out there because different strokes for different folks.
    At 15 he definitely needs to have had the sex talk and to be informed about safe choices and such but it can also be embarrassing so it needs to be handled with care so he will feel comfortable about talking to whom ever he can trust about these issues. I think his dad should address it with him some how and make him understand that while very natural to want to watch that stuff for a male it needs to have its limits like everything else and he needs to tell him how and why he needs to be safe about whatever HE is actually doing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• no! IMO porn is fake. It only shows women who are skinny and pretty. That is NOT the real world. He looks at that and expects the women around him to look like that too. Porn is very degrading to women."

Have you ever watched porn, bc that is not true. There are some very unattractive and nasty women in porn.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

LOL I am pretty sure that they are really doing it, I once was in buying a gag gift for a friends wedding and we found this DVD of old people and when i say old i mean like 60's and 70's, there are so many different types of porn they come in all ages, sizes, and colors and sometimes a combo of all the above. Whie i will agree that there are certain magazines that are not female friendly IMO If my sons come across playboy I wouldnt freak out over it at least playboy is tasteful and shows women in a good light.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• i agree that porn is degrading to women, i wish it never existed, & i hope that my son will not look at it when he grows up.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• but do i think you punish your son or something? no.
    PURPULbutterfly