If Gays can't have the same rights as straight people,why are they taxed the same?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• op, that is a very valid question, they are taxed, except for the taxing rights in filing joint accounts because they are not legally married. They don't benefit from over 1000 rights under the marriage act and yet they pay taxes like everyone else.

Answer by older at 12:29 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Because thats life...the country that is taxing them is built on CHRISTIAN values and its not christian to be gay.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• because what one does in the bedroom has nothing to do with taxation. women and men get taxed the same, period...men still make more $/hr than women do--same taxing.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Please list each right they want that cannot be covered by a trust, a will, a power of attorney or a contract. I can never get anyone to give me any, so I will ask again.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:35 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• In the USA, we are taxed as a single person or married couple. If you are Gay, you are considered single. That is the way you are taxed. Being taxed has nothing to do with being Gay or straight.

Answer by louise2 at 11:36 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I'm really frugal and hate pork spending. Why do they keep taxing me for this kind of junk?

I didn't buy more house than I could pay for. Why did I have to bail out the banks?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• so your saying we should change that too???...I don't think they'll like the higher tax lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• They are, single adult individuals are taxed at the same income levels. Nowhere on a tax form does it say straight or gay check here. There are marrie and single brackets. Since I don't want to be completely in the dark, in the states that allow gay marriage, I'm assuming they can mark the married box.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• we are in a very sad state for this country to be built on christian values. Isn't this the country of separation of state and church. baloney
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Rights gays don't have:

If a couple has a child and the bio-parent is the stay-home parent, the working parent is NOT able to share a health insurance policy because they are unmarried and same-sex-partner adoption is not legal in most states.

For straight couples, marriage entitles a non birth parent (step parent) to the right to include non-adopted step children on a health care policy. For straight couples who choose not to marry, either bio parent can cover the child regardless if they even stay together.

Also, a gay couple without children is not entitled to same-sex-partner benefits in most states. Marriage laws would provide for this.

I could legally marry any man today and then POOF get to use his health care plan (sometimes there is a waiting period) and then make him a tax deduction (claim him as my dependent) and he could even get citizenship!!!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2009