When did your kid learn to ride a two-wheeler?

Mine is 5 1/2. He picked up his bike and I held him up two times. A week later and he is riding like a pro. I am sooo proud. Share your experiences!

hotmama404

Asked by hotmama404 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My oldest is a bit of a scaredy cat and was too scared to even try it without his training wheels until he was almost 10. But once he tried it, he got it right away and now we can't keep him off the thing.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:47 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My daughter was 7.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• she learned a couple months after she turned 5...my dad worked with her one day for 10 minutes...i worked with her the next day for 15 minutes..and by the 3rd day she was a pro!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• my son was about 5. he thought he was just a big kid as his cousin which at that time was14 LOL
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My oldest was about to turn 8. The day before she figured it out her little brother got it. He was 6 1/2.
    My middle daughter learned last summer. She was also 6 1/2. She was really mad when I took her training wheels off and refused to even touch her bike. Then one day she saw her best friend had learned over the weekend to ride. The other girl told her to get her bike out and she would teach her. The two spent all afternoon on it going up and down the street. Finally I get called out to the porch and watch her hop on the bike and off she went. It took her about 3 hours without an adult out there/helping to figure it out. A week later she was riding with her feet up on the handlebars, standing and was teaching another girl to ride her bike, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2009