Was this braxton hicks contractions I was having last night?

Last night I was at my dads and my stomach got really hard and it hurt on both sides on the bottom of my belly (like under my bellly button) and my lower back was hurting kinda like mild menstrual cramps. I'm 31 weeks so I figured it was braxton hicks contractions bc it done it twice in one hour. With my first daughter I didn't have them and when I was a few days past my due date my Dr had me come in to be induced but when I got there she said I was already having contractions and was in labor but the contractions didn't hurt, it was like she was balling up in my belly so I have no idea what to expect from contractions since they didn't really hurt.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 11:39 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think they were braxton hicks contractions you were feeling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• It sounds like that's what you were having. I had a scheduled c section, so didn't actually go into labor, but I had this same feeling the week before I had my son. When in doubt, call your Dr., though. I called mine, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:27 PM on Dec. 9, 2009