anyone here on the new florida wic program that started 10/1/09?

i just picked up my new checks today. um wow can you say confusing as hell?? i think i understand most of it except for all the juice and fruit/veg regulations. all the "plastic jug,container,fresh frozen canned" mumbo jumbo is hard for me to process! is it really as hard as it looks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not florida but we have the fresh fruit/veggies too. We get $6. The juice here changed too as in they just expanded what was acceptable juice. They also added bread. Your wic office shouldve given you a list to help you figure it out. We had a "class" explaining all the changes.
    Anonymous

• is it the same as here? they give you like one or two allowances for juice and then $6 for Fresh, Frozen or Canned fruit and veggies?
    I think you can combined them and they have to be one of the three types
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Sounds the same as Iowa. $6 for fresh/frozen fruits & veggies, juice is 64oz plastic jug, has to be a WIC certified brand though...? I agree with a pp, they should have given you a pamphlet of allowable things, if they didn't, call them. Also, some stores put a "WIC approved" sticker by the WIC stuff, and all stores should have pamphlets with what's allowable. Make some phone calls and find out where to get more info - you may also be able to find the info online. I don't find it confusing at all, but I worked in a grocery store for years, so I learned all about WIC that way, then being on it for a while, and the pamphlets we get help.
    Anonymous