Do you.....

......just pop open your bible to any page (or other inspiring reading material) and read a scripture or a two for that day? I dont but just wondering if anyone does live the spontaneous life?!?!

3gigglemonsters

Asked by 3gigglemonsters at 11:55 AM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yeah occasionally, and more often than not, it's something I need to hear!
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 11:56 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• DH kind of does... I dig for scripture according to what I feel I need that day...
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:57 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• We used to draw a card for meditation every morning together. We should probably start that back. It was a good couples way to start the morning while the house was still quiet.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:58 AM on Dec. 9, 2009

• My mother is JW. they have a Daily Scripture. Every day they have a different Scripture to read, study and ponder each day...

For myself, I do a daily morning meditation that helps me to connect to my Gods... But since I'm not Christian, the bible doesn't come in to it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:09 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Sabrina, I am NOT attacking you so please know this upfront... but you stated you connect to your "GODS" (plural)... was this intentional or type-o???

3Giggle, I have and sometimes will still do this from time to time in my Bible. I don't always do it this way though. At times I may open a devotional book I have or read a scripture I have looked up for a particular need as matobe stated in her reply.

I think it is important to read, pray for understanding, and meditate on scripture daily no matter how you come to it!!!!
    LoveWiseCouncel

Answer by LoveWiseCouncel at 12:55 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I remember reading somewhere that an interesting exercise is to open ANY book at random and read what is written there and see how it applies to your life. I do sometimes read sutras at random. Oftentimes I do find something that resonates with me that day, and sometimes it resonates in a way that it would not if I read it as part of a text from front to back.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 2:25 PM on Dec. 9, 2009