What's the difference between a Book of Shadows and a Grimoire?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Most of what was on Charmed was BASED in truth, but not fact... It was taken from any number of legit sources and then hollywoodised!

But I have a copy of The Grimoire of King Solomon and it's not any more evil than any other BOS... The only thing I can think of is generally a Grimiore is for Alchemists... While a BOS if for witches.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:24 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• well, on charmed, the BOS, was a book to guide witches and have their spells in them to vanquish demons, the grimoire was the evil book of shadows, used by demons, lol sorry, i'm sure thats not what it really is, but had to answer, i thought that stuff was made up for the show.
    Anonymous

• I believe that originally the difference was that a grimoire was meant to be shared, they weren't considered secret unless the climate at the time meant having one put you in danger. A BOS is usually for a specific person, family or coven, is secret & not meant to be shared with just anyone who is interested. I think they can be used more or less interchangeably now.

nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Here is an interesting answer provided by a website all about grimoires http://grimoire.net/what-is-a-grimoire.html
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 9, 2009