Looking for work while staying home

Does anyone know of any work at home jobs that are ligit? Everything I see is wanting money up front and I always hear that is a scam. I know I'm not going to make a lot of money, but still want some extra income. Thanks.

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Firstly, not everything that asks for money is a scam. Any legit home business will ask for money, just as a business out of the home would. But just as you wouldn't expect to pay for a JOB outside the home any in home JOB should be free! However, some of them will have a fee for a background or drug test, but all of that will be explained to you and you will have access to the testing or checking company...

I have a list of companies that hire from home, but remember that these companies are dealing with the same money crunch as the off line companies, so you may need to put in a good bit of applications... My site is www.SabrinasCloset.info Just click on the Work At Home Jobs tab!

Good Luck!
    Sabrina
    WAHM and successful Business Owner!
    www.ThisIsAP.com

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:34 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I have a great work at home business with gold canyon candles! Right now is a great time to start because you can earn your kit for FREE!!! Check out my website to see all the products we have and how you can get started making some great money. Ours candles are super easy to sell, they sell themselves. mygc.com/tarapiotrowicz
    Have a merry christmas!
    Tara Piotrowicz
    Manager
    gold canyon candles
    taben04@yahoo.com
    Tarabon

Answer by Tarabon at 12:48 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• There are work at home JOBS and then BUSINESSES. The jobs shouldn't ask any money up front if it's legit, though some require you to pay for your own background check. Every business has some kind of cost involved, some are lower than others. Research on both sides is still very important in order to find the right fit for you. Jobs usually end up paying very low (pay by minute or by phone call) and are very hard to come by, plus many people are on the waiting lists or applying ahead of you. Businesses are much easier to find and with them, you CHOOSE how often you work and YOU determine how much you get paid. They require you to WORK at them, just as any business, and of course some are easier to work than others. I'm with AmeriPlan, it's $25 to start in December, after that it's $50 a month to join and each month thereafter. Feel free to message me for more details as I can not fit them all into this answer box.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 1:23 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I work from home and am loving every minute of it! Its called Ameriplan and i enroll others into our health benefits plans, and also enroll others like you that just want a chance!! This months start up cost is 25.00 and 50.00 every month thereafter, but this pays for our back office, our support, our ongoing training that is wonderful, we get benefits, not just for us, but for everyone in our entire household, no cold calling, no telemarketing, and there is sooooo much more that we get!! Like to go shopping and get discounts on dinner, shopping, online and off line as well as a whole bunch more? Go to www.iboplus.com/RChristensen where you can explore your possibilities and enroll now!! You can call me also at 1-888-473-3121 and i'd be more than happy to talk with you!!! Give us a try!! you'll be glad you did!!!
    RuthEllen Christensen
    KIMMYS_WAY

Answer by KIMMYS_WAY at 5:45 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

•  

I actually write How to articles on eHow.   I have created a series of work at home articles to help moms just like you.  Please check them all out in my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Article Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:11 PM on Dec. 9, 2009