I got off cheap this year buying Christmas presents anyone else?

I'm so excited cuz I have most of my shopping done. I bought ost of the presents for $10 and under at a discount store. The original prices range from $20-$30. Do you think everyone will know we got off cheap? We didn't have a huge budget this year so I always have to buy discount. I'm still excited though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I definitely saved over $300 by shopping on Black Friday, but still not "cheap" lol. My mom and his mom got digital photo frames for $30 each, my kids each got a used game from Gamestop (hey i'm not too good to give used games lol) with the buy 2 get one free sale, DS got a Ripstick $40 off the regular price, other DS got a soccer goal 50% off (saved $38 on it), saved about $10 on books at half price books, saved LOADS on decorations and crafts at Michaels for the holiday, but still spent over $500 that day on gifts for my 3 kids and both my parents and his parents and my neice.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:40 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I did on some things. Others...not so much, lol. Last night, at TJ Maxx, I found a ton of Infantino baby toys that were originally between $10-$20, but had been marked down to $5.00! I bought my 11 week old son 6 more toys when I saw that, lol. He now has 11 presents under the tree, ranging in age recommendation...and that's just at our house. Between our house and my parents', he's gonna have way too many...and he won't even know about them bc he's so young, lol! Still...at the prices I've found them, I couldn't resist! I'm a sucker for anything baby-related, lol.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Nope! The boys are into electronics and the games and books that go to them are sooooo expensive and I haven't seen them on sale anywhere.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 12:18 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• I don't think I am going to be able to buy anything. I have some things I got at yard sales during the summer for my grandson. I have no money left for food or anything the rest of the month. I hate it. I started putting up the fake tree but I think I will take it down. We have had not many presents before but this will be the worst year ever.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:30 PM on Dec. 9, 2009

• Yeah I got alot of things on Black Friday and got things very cheap compared to other years. I still have to buy for my teens but Im getting them gift cards and couple other small things so all in all I came in around $100-$150 per kid.
    Anonymous

• Nope.. My kids get more and more expensive every year.
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 1:08 PM on Dec. 9, 2009